Crafting the future of healthcare—Otsuka Medical Devices’ innovative technology center
HARUMI Technology Center is R&D and training facility, which Otsuka Medical Devices Co., Ltd. established in 2021 in Harumi, the heart of the Tokyo Bay waterfront area.
The center houses state-of-the-art facilities and cleanrooms, alongside a learning studio that showcases the features and clinical application of our products. The center also doubles as a global hub, connected to various online networks across the globe. With this pioneering new research base, we have taken greater strides in our mission to develop unique solutions that improve the health and well-being of patients around the world.
Visitors to the center can join seminars in-person, while online training sessions and seminars connect partners and healthcare professionals in Japan and overseas. We are proud to have created a cutting-edge educational center that allows us to respond to healthcare demands and other ever-changing global needs.
The room hosts various seminars and lectures, both in-person and online.
With the latest simulators and finely detailed models of blood vessels, visitors here can learn the proper use of our products in an environment close to their real clinical application. We also film product demonstrations here which we make readily available to our partners and healthcare professionals at home and abroad.
Ultra-dense blood vessel model
Simulator for endovascular therapy
Demonstration of endovascular therapy
Research and Development
The center is fully equipped with high-tech laboratories and cleanrooms. In these spaces, we can carry out our own product and clinical development, which allows us to conduct both R&D and prototyping in-house. Currently, we are working with our domestic and overseas partners predominantly on the development of RDN (Ultrasound Renal Denervation) systems and EVT (Endovascular Therapy).
CROSS DOCK HARUMI 5F HARUMI Technology Center
4-7-4, Harumi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0053, Japan
By bus or train
- Take the Toei Bus to Harumi Pier on route 05-1 and get off at the Hotel Mariners Court Tokyo-mae stop and walk for 1 minute (23 minutes in total from the Marunouchi South Exit of Tokyo Station).
- 13 minute walk from exit A3b of Kachidoki Station on the Oedo line
- 2 minute walk from the Harumi-chuo stop on the Tokyo BRT bus route from Shimbashi Station (JR and subway lines)
- About 20 minutes from Harumi-dori Ginza
- Approximately 10 minutes from Shimbashi on Loop Line 2
- Tokyo Metropolitan Expressway Toyosu IC: Approximately 2 km (5 minutes) from the Toyosu Interchange on Tokyo Metropolitan Road Route 304